Virgin hair extensions are the top grade hair. You’ve just made a great investment because virgin human hair is the highest quality extensions in the market. It is unprocessed human hair that is collected from a single donor of Brazilian, Malaysian, Peruvian, or Indian descent.
The life span of our virgin hair all depends on how you care for the hair. Today, let’s talk about how to take care of our virgin hair weave. If you follow these simple maintenance basics, you can extend the life of your hair and get increased value from longer use.
How To Care For Virgin Hair Extensions?
Step 1: Detangle
This is a very important step prior to shampooing your hair.
Ensure that your hair is free of tangles or snares.
Using a wide tooth or a detangling brush, gently comb out your hair extensions. Always comb or brush the hair from the bottom up, small sections at a time.
The more careful you treat your extensions the longer they will last.
Support your attachment when brushing or combing your hair.
Step 2: Shampoo
Separate your extensions into smaller, more manageable hair bundles with closure so you can guarantee that each extension gets washed thoroughly.
Holding the bundle at the top, dip the extensions into the water and use your hands to wash them.
Work the shampoo through the hair gently to avoid tangling.
Once you are finished with the first bunch, place them neatly on a towel and repeat the process with the rest of the bundles.
Step 3: Condition
Conditioning the extensions helps to keep them moisturized and soft.
Squirt a large amount of conditioner into your hands and massage it through the extensions starting at the top and working your way down.
For best results, let the conditioner sit on the hair for at least an hour.
Then, completely rinse out the conditioner to get rid of any leftover residue.
Substitute conditioner for a shampoo washes your hair in a downward motion, working conditioner from the top down in one motion.
Rinse well and then style. This is great for curly styles.
Step 5: Brush
Rather than brushing your human hair extensions, run your fingers through the hair to detangle it.
Brushing curly hair weaves when dry will cause it to frizz out and get damaged.
When the extensions are dry and you are trying to comb through the curls, there is a higher chance of them breaking off because of knots and tangles.
Combing dry curls often disturbs the curl pattern as well.
A wide-tooth comb should be used to comb it when wet as the curls will be retained this way.
Step 6: Dry
After washing your virgin hair extensions, allow them to dry naturally before using them.
Using a hairdryer on textured hair extensions will cause them to frizz and dry.
If you want your weaves to serve you, allow them to dry naturally.
Letting your extensions dry naturally will also maintain the durability and the quality of your curls.
If you don’t have time to let your extensions dry naturally, you can use your blow dryer, but remember to add in the diffuser attachment for optimum results.
Styling Care Tips
- Do not overuse products on the hair.
- Too much leave-in conditioner and other hair care products will create a build-up on the hair and will cause it to tangle.
- The great thing about Virgin Human Hair is that you can style it as you would your own hair. You can color or perm the hair. We suggest that you use a professional colorist that has worked with Virgin hair before or we suggest you use a cream coloring system that isn’t as harsh on the hairs.
- For Curly hair, be sure to brush the hair gently always from the bottom to the top daily and apply a leave-in conditioner.
Bed Time Care Tips
- It is very important to manage your hair before you go to bed. Tie your hair up at night with either a silk/satin scarf or a silk/satin bonnet. The bonnets that give leeway for longer lengths work best.
- For wavy and curly hair textures we recommend putting 3-5 large twists or braids in your hair then placing it under a bonnet.
- For straight hair textures, we recommend wrapping your hair then placing it under a silk/satin scarf.
- Following this nightly routine will make your extensions last longer, look better, and prevent tangling which leads to excessive shedding.
Morning Care Tips
- Every morning, take down your ponytail or undo your braids or twists and spray your hair with a water bottle.
- Gently comb through the hair section by section starting from roots to tips.
- Apply an anti-frizz alcohol-free serum to hair to perfect your look.
Swimming Care Tips
- When swimming at the beach, lake, sauna, or pool the following precautions below are recommended:
- Comb your hair and put it into braids before swimming or wading in any type of water. Never wear a swimming cap, the friction may cause tangling.
- Dry hair soaks up more saltwater and chlorine than does already-wet hair; which, means dry hair incurs more damage while swimming.
- If you plan to get your hair wet, soak your hair with plain tap water before you take the plunge.
- Rinse your hair with plain tap water as soon as you have finished your water play.
- Follow a day at the beach or pool with a moisturizing shampooing and deep conditioning treatment.
Do's & Don'ts When Caring Your Virgin Hair Weaves
- Allow your hair to air dry. If you decide to blow dry always use a heat protectant.
- When styling your hair with heat products, always use heat protectants especially with the curly and wavy hair textures.
- A high concentration of heat can cause heat damage and alter (loosen) the natural curl pattern.
- A wide range of heat protectants is available to choose from.
- Follow our nightly routine or create your own.
- Follow our wash regimen exactly.
- Use paddle bushes and wide tooth combs.
- Deep Condition your hair often. This is VERY important for hair that is bleached or dyed.
- Don’t add a lot of products to your hair. Hair tends to mat and tangle when styling products are added.
- If you have curly extensions and you want to tame the hair or reduce frizz, just use a small amount of anti-frizz serum.
- If products are added, you can remove them by co-washing to prevent dryness.
- A small amount of conditioner diluted with water in a spray bottle can be used for wavy and curly hair.
- Never try to style, wash, or detangle your hair when you are tired or in a rush! This is a recipe for frustration and will cause you to be very rough with your hair.
- Do not use bristle brushes.
We hope these hair care tips helped you to care for your hair. Take good care of your virgin human hair extensions and they will be around for a very long time!
Sunber hair is committed to offering the best quality hair extensions and came out with Brazilian human hair extensions, Malaysian virgin hair extensions, virgin Peruvian hair extensions and Indian Remy virgin hair extensions for customers to choose.
Shop For More Affordable Virgin Human Hair
Shop For Remy Human Hair Natural Black Brazilian Body Wave Hair
Shop For Cheap Remy Human Hair Brazilian Straight Hair
Shop For Malaysian Deep Wave 3 Bundles With 4*4 Free Part Lace Closure
Shop For Popular Peruvian Curly Hair 3 Bundles with 4X4 Lace Closure
Leave a comment
- Kinky Edges Wig
- Glueless HD Wig
- Crazy Flash Sale
- Pre Cut Lace Wig