Are you stressed about facing hair loss every now and then? Do you want to change your hairstyle and don’t damage your scalp? Human hair weave and wigs are the right choices.
The beauty of wigs and weaves is that they allow us to completely change our looks without the pressure of having to commit to said looks for longer than we'd like to.
When you buy human hair weaves and wigs, do you know the difference between weave and wig? Which hair is best for you. Now, we will talk about human hair weave and wigs and help you to choose the best one to suit you.
What You Will Learn From This Article
- What Is Hair Weave?
- What Is Hair Wig?
- The Pros And Cons Of Hair Weave
- The Pros And Cons Of Hair Wig
- Hair Weave VS Wig: What are The Similarities?
- Hair Weave VS Wig: What’s The Difference?
- The difference in the Installation Process Weave VS Wig
- Hair Weave VS Wig: Which One Is Better?
First, Let’s Talk About What Is Hair Weave?
To begin with, our discussion, let’s begin knowing what actually human hair weave is. You might be perceiving wig and weave the same, but certain features differentiate both from each other.
So a human hair weave is hair extension extracted from human hair, or sometimes natural hair. These hair extensions can be easily fixed or attached into your hair by either gluing them in your hair, sewing or clipping.
What Is Hair Wig?
Wigs are exclusively made for people who suffer through baldness due to any toxic disease. But now, wearing wigs has become one of the most highlighted fashion to be followed.
You can simply see celebrities promoting the trend of human hair wigs by wearing them in different styles. Therefore wearing wigs has become quite normal now.
But what actually wigs are? Well, wigs are basically made from human or artificial hair prices and woven together in a particular hairstyle. There are different sizes, shapes, textures, and styles of wigs available.
Surprisingly, there are even different types of wigs. Some are made from natural, human hair, and some use artificial hair-like fibers. We have u part wig, headband wig, short bob wig, half wig, 4×4 lace closure wig, PU silk lace wig, glueless cap wig, and so on, they are all 100% human hair wigs for your choice.
The Pros And Cons Of Hair Weave
- You can choose a different hairstyle. You can alter your style quickly, without growing your hair out or cutting it.
- Hair weaves are more secure.
- Hair weaves feel more secure as they are connected to separate strands of your hair.
- The hair weaves are more natural.
- They go well with your current natural hair.
- They just add extra length and volume.
- Hair weaves lead to hair loss. Improper usages such as braiding hair too tight can result in hair loss.
- They are too costly. They can be pricey to maintain and install.
- They lead to tangled hair. If you use bad products, it can shed, tangle, or look unnatural.
The Pros And Cons Of Hair Wig
- Wigs offer infinite looks and style options.
- Rather than coloring your natural hair, you can opt to wear use a wig to alter your hair color and hairstyle simply to go well with the occasion. Moreover, this can save your natural hair from harsh chemicals and bleach.
- They have a longer lifespan and lower prices. If you properly maintain a wig, it will last a very long time. In different words, it saves you a lot of money to buy a new one.
- Wigs protect your original hair.
- Not only the wig entirely covers up the injured strands and offers you ideal hair, but it also offers time to the damaged strands to get back to normal.
- While your locks are below the wig, they are not exposed to anything from the exterior end. This is similar to the outside factors that can damage hair in the first place.
- Wigs need to be reinstalled daily.
- It is better for you to remove the wigs every day. On the other hand, it is not a good option to shower or sleep with your wigs on.
- Wigs are not safe enough.
- It is not as safer as hair waves since it is not sewn on.
Hair Weave VS Wig: What are The Similarities?
- Both of these are hair extensions. Both hair weave and hair wigs allow you to change your hairstyle without having to cut down the hair. They both can protect people’s own scalp.
- All the two human hair is directly collected from people’s heads, 100% Remy, hair head to and hair ends are parted, with the original cuticle, natural luster, without shedding and tangle.
- With proper care, both lifespans are long.
Hair Weave VS Wig: What’s The Difference?
- Wigs are ideal for covering baldness and can help you get a natural look. They include the entire surface area of your head.
- Weaves, on the other hand, are not useful to deal with baldness. To add a weave to your head, you need to have at least some natural hair. These weave hair can be only added upon sewing, gluing, or clipping them to your natural hair.
Ease of usage
- Both wigs and weaves can be difficult to install at first. Successfully wearing a wig can be an intimidating task for the first time. It involves a lot of steps that need to be followed carefully.
- On the other hand, a weave can be easily added to your natural hair with the help of some glue or sewing thread and needle.
- Wigs are easy to customize and open up a plethora of hairstyling options for you. One can easily color, cut, style their wig hair just like you would do with your natural hair.
- Wigs also remove the risk of hair damage from all the styling. Weaves, on the other hand, are not so customizable and instead are just a way to add up to your natural hair.
- Wigs require to be worn and removed regularly. Hair wigs are not suitable to sleep in. In your daily routine, you will have to take some time out to do hair care for your wig as well.
- Weaves, on the other hand, can be slept in and thus you don’t necessarily have to remove them daily. It is, however, ideal for taking a bath without the weave installed.
The difference in the Installation Process Weave VS Wig
We are sure you confusions about wigs and weave have been almost cleared out. But to take a deeper dive let’s discuss the difference between the installation process between the two. As the purpose of a wig and weave is different, therefore their installation process is also done differently.
Installation Process of Wig:
To install a wig you need to tie your hair into a bun. Apply lace wig adhesive around your hairline and the perimeter of hair. Wear the wig and stick it firmly to the adhesive. Or you may secure it using the clips if the wig is glue-free.
Installation Process of Weave:
There are normally 3 types of weave extension installation process. These processes are:
- The Sew-in weaves
- Glue Weave
- Clip-in weave extensions
These installation processes depend on the type of hair as well. And that is why their cost greatly varies.
Hair Weave VS Wig: Which One Is Better?
The decision on whether to choose a wig or a weave depends on your preferences and condition. Weaves hair can achieve your hair length, volume, longevity, and realistic look. Wigs are much better for conditions like hair loss, thin or damaged hair.
If you are the person who likes to change your hairstyles every so often, wigs are the best. The hair is inexpensive and it will easily blend with your hair. If you will remember to take care of your natural hair then your hair will be rich underneath the wig.
In the end, we leave it to your fine judgment. This is because both hair weaves and wigs go will under specific situations. They are suitable for different users. Hence, the choice of choosing a wig or hair weaves will be made by a particular user depending upon his/her needs and requirement.
Leave a comment
- Kinky Edges Wig
- Glueless HD Wig
- Crazy Flash Sale
- Pre Cut Lace Wig