When it comes to perm hair, our first impression is that a beautiful and generous beauty warmly said hello to us. Perm hair is not only a hairstyle that stars love but is also very common in our daily life. Perm hair no matter in any era, from the classic perm of the mother era to the present Body wave, all bring us great visual enjoyment.
What is a perm?
Perms work by using chemicals to change hair texture, either creating waves or curls. Traditionally, a stylist will wrap hair in rods before putting perm lotion on to set the curl. After letting the lotion sit, stylists rinse it out, dry hair as much as possible, and use a neutralizer to halt the perming process.
Do you want to try having your own perm at home, these steps will teach you how to use your own curling iron.
Steps to perm hair:
1. Clean the hair with a shampoo to remove the oil and dirt from the hair. But do not use the conditioner, because the conditioner will make the later perm solution can not solidify. After washing your hair, dry the moisture with an air blower.
2. Find a favorite perm on your phone and take out your perm stick and heat it up.
3. Divide your hair into two portions. A small portion of them, fold an end paper around the end of the hair strand. Place an endpaper against the hair strand, so that half of it is hanging off the side. Fold the excess paper under the hair strand so that it's sandwiched inside. Next, slide the endpaper towards the bottom of the hair section.
4. Wrap the hair strand around a curling rod. Place the end of the hair strand on top of a curling rod. Wrap the hair around the curling rod until you reach your scalp, then close the rod.
5. Repeat the process for the entire middle section. If you started from the back of your crown, work your way down to your nape first, then go back and do the front section. If you started from your hairline, just work your way down to your nape.
Complete the steps above and you can get a beautiful curl, but it's usually not long enough. If you want a longer term, I suggest you go to the barbershop and ask for help from your stylist.
10 different types of perms.
1. Perm Bob with Large Curls
If you’re looking for a short hair perm with a big curl, you can find it in the pretty, slightly messy chin-length bob. The shapely tendrils roam around the face and add a sassy edge to the feminine hairstyle.
2. Large Loose Perm Curls
If you like the big waves, you can try this one perm. This wig is perfect for everyday life, and the loose roll reflects a lazy feeling.
3. Shrinking Curls
Great for medium hair, these spiraled curls start loose and get tighter toward the ends. The subtle blonde highlights create depth, which helps make it look like you have twice as much hair as you actually do.
4. Loose Wave Perm
Loose wave perm and spirals immediately make thin hair look more voluminous. If the final result you want to achieve is shorter hair — go for bouncy curls. Loose waves will be a better fit for those who like more casual and effortless looks.
5. Curly Perm Pixie Bob
Traditional perm perfectly matches with blonde highlights or balayage. However, we highly recommend you be careful with bleached short-permed hairstyles, as they may cause hair woes if done the wrong way. Ask your hairstylist to repeat this beautiful curly pixie bob without damaging your locks.
6. Medium Shaggy Perm with Bangs
This style enhanced with a warm copper tone could pass for natural. Soft spiral curls that go from root to tip provide a delicate, natural impression.
7. Perm Waves for Long Hair
If you’re crazy about curls, consider this hair perm. The hair is wrapped around the rod, creating a specific s-shape that is guaranteed to texturize your hair.
8. Soft Ombre Perm
Probably the most desirable of permed hairstyles, a plain curl look is natural and suits many face shapes as well as different hair colors. By letting the curls float around the bottom, you can create a volume that doesn’t overpower.
9. Spiral Perm Style for Fine Hair
The modern perm is much more wearable, and it can be styled with a deep side part. This parting helps soften features and complement your appearance, plus it gives the illusion of a thinner face. Go for a spiral perm to get these classically curly tresses.
10.Dynamic Irregular Perm Waves
Curls are anything but regular and symmetrical. In fact, the thing that makes curly hair so mesmerizing is that it’s never the same anytime you style it. A perm will give you permanent waves, and because of the irregularity of curls, you may enjoy completely new hairstyles every day!
Perm hair is a very popular hairstyle in 2023, and its classic styles and now popular styles will bring you a different experience. Perm hair may cause some damage to your hair, but it's not serious if you take good care of it.
How long does a hair perm last?
When cared for properly, most perms can last anywhere from three to six months, depending on the length and texture of your hair.
How do you wash permed hair?
Washing just once a week with warm water.
Are perms good or bad for your hair?
Perm is a process of chemical treatment that can cause certain damage to the hair. You need to protect your hair more carefully after the perm.
Leave a comment
- Kinky Edges Wig
- Glueless HD Wig
- Crazy Flash Sale
- Pre Cut Lace Wig