Human hair wigs for black women are the necessary products for their beauty. Lace front wigs make you have natural hairline and achieve your natural beauty.
When you have a new wig, it usually comes with excess lace that hangs over the forehead. Before you wear the lace front wig, you should know the first thing that you must cut the lace, you must trim it back into the wig to get the most natural-looking.
However, do you know how to cut the lace on a lace front human hair wig properly? Is there any quick and easy way to do that? Am I able to make it look as natural as possible after the cutting? If you do have these doubts, please follow reading.
Today, we share with you the steps and tips you should follow when you cut the excess lace off the lace front wig.
What tools do you need for cutting the lace on wigs?
- Wig stand or mannequin head: for placing the lace front wig, you can also wear the wig on your head and cut the lace
- Scissors: the most important tool, used to cut the extra lace
- Clips: secure the wigs
- Tweezers: customize your hairline
Be sure to gather all your tools prior to cutting the lace off of your wig.
Step-By-Steps To Cut the Lace Off A Lace Front Wig
Step 1: Braid your Hair
Braid your hair into scalp braids, a twist out, or a low ponytail. Doing so allows your wig to sit on your head evenly. The flatter the hair, the flatter your wig will sit on your head. Cover your hair using a wig cap to avoid friction from your wig base, which may lead to breakage.
Step 2: Wear Lace Front Wig
The most important thing to do in this step is making sure your lace lays flat. When placing the wig on your head, use clips to clip the wig down or use the adjustable strap in the back.
Step 3: Cut the Corner Close to Ear Off
Pin the hair over back. It’s a way to help you know what you are working on. Clip any excess hair out of your way. Doing this allows you to see better as well as ensuring you do not cut off any extra hair or lace.
Then cut the corner close to ear off, and you just have the lace literally ear to ear.
Step 4: Cut Lace Into Sections
In this step, cutting straight across is not suggested, because when you cut straight across, your hairline is going to look like a wig.
While if you have the sections you pretty much can cut it very easily without basically messing up. Make your first cut straight down the middle of the lace.
Next, make cuts by your temples
lastly, make cuts between your temple and ear
Now, that you have your sections begin trimming your hairline one section at a time.
Step 5: Glue Lace Down
Use adhesive glue, tape, or gel to lay your lace down onto your head. Wrap your head using a silk scarf for about ten minutes to makes sure your edges and adhesive are laid down.
Step 6: Trim Away
Pushing the baby hair back, and literally you can trim away, in this step, trying to do zigzag is suggested. Just go an up-down and up-down motion.
Above are all the details during cutting the lace front wigs. And if your wig is large for head, here you can check this post to make it smaller.
Tips You Should Know When Cut The Lace
- Find the center of the front of the lace wig and slide the thin hair clip vertically to mark the position. There should be two even lace pieces on each side.
- Clip the hair on either side of the center-marking clip back using the two large hair clips. This will keep any stray hairs from being cut sometimes.
- Cut the lace back towards the beginning of the hairline in the front and sides. The lace that is on the forehead will be the most visible, so it should be cut back all the way to the hairline. Pull the lace tight with your fingers while cutting to ensure even, smooth cut.
- Trim the sides of the lace front wig so that only about an eighth-inch of lace protrudes out from under the hairline. It is not necessary to cut the lace all the way back on the sides since this part is not as visible as the forehead lace.
- Double-check the trimmed lace to ensure that there are no jagged edges. Make sure the lace is cut completely even, especially around the forehead area, cover lace with make-up if needed.
If you are a visual person, here is a video on YouTube showing you how to cut off the lace. This video demonstrates how to cut a lace wig or lace front wig properly for the correct application.
After reading this article, I hope you can learn how to cut the lace on a human hair lace front wig. There are actually many other ways to make your hair look more natural and real hairline. The last point, you should apply the powder to the part of the lace wig also helps to mask any holes and it is noticeable on the lace front.
This is the best explanation I’ve read, about cutting the lace.
Leave a comment
- Kinky Edges Wig
- Glueless HD Wig
- Crazy Flash Sale
- Pre Cut Lace Wig