Wigs for black women is a symbol of beauty. Wearing human hair wigs can enhance your beauty and make you have a natural look.
More and more fashion women like to wear human hair lace wigs to enhance their facial features so that our personal confidence will also be enhanced. So, it is very important to take care of your human hair wigs.
Do you know how to care for your hair wigs properly? Don’t worry, today, we will talk about the care instructions for human hair wigs in order to preserve the condition and longevity of your wig.
Step-By-Step To Care For Your Human Hair Wigs
Step 1: Wetting Your Human Hair Wig
Holding your wig over one fist, let warm tap water flow downwards from top to ends, front to back, wetting hair completely.
- Do not use circular motions while wetting hair.
- Run water close to the hair.
Step 2: Washing Your Human Hair Wig
Apply shampoo with your free hand, in a downwards stroking movement, top to ends. Evenly distribute the shampoo, from the top of the hairpiece down the sides and back in one direction.
To ensure it penetrates throughout the hair, squeeze gently through the hair with your hands.
- For best results, we recommend using salon-quality restorative shampoos.
Step 3: Rinsing Your Human Hair Wig
Rinse under warm running warm water, using downwards stroking movements until it rinses clear and clean. This process will take a few minutes.
- Accomplish this by running water down from the crown to the ends
Step 4: Conditioning Your Human Hair Wig
Gently apply conditioner from the top to ends. Leave the conditioner on hair for up to 5 minutes. Comb conditioner through, using your wig comb. This is the best time to de-tangle hair.
When combing out tangles lie the wig/piece flat on the bench and comb gently, working your way up from the bottom to top (tip to root).
BE SURE you never comb the roots of the hair where they are tied to the foundation; this can cause damage.
Rinse as before, under fresh warm running water, front to back and downsides. Take out tangles again very gently.
Step 5: Drying Your Human Hair Wig
Lay the wig onto a towel, fold the towel over, and press the water out of the hair. In this manner, you can remove most excess water.
Having now taken out the excess water, open the towel carefully and use a wide-tooth comb to gently comb the hair from tips working towards the roots.
- For best results, we recommend air dry your hair wig.
Step 6: Styling Your Human Hair Wig
We recommend using specific hair reconstruct/moisture additive products. They assist in minimizing breakage, tangling or hair loss.
Allow the hair to semi-dry (50%) naturally before actually styling the hair. You will find it easier and the hair will be less likely to tangle at that time.
Use a folding wig stand or a vase/jar to dry your wig.
Style as desired:
To straighten, take a 1-inch section starting at the roots and run a flat iron to the ends.
To curl, wrap the hair around a curling iron and hold for 10 seconds and release.
- To style, blow-dry the hair using the cool setting. Keep in mind, the more blow-drying and heat styling tools being used, the faster the wig will become dry and/or damaged.
- Cool blow-drying will cause the least possible harm to the hair. Air drying is also an option for a more natural look.
- If you choose to make the choice to use thermal tools, always apply a thermal protectant to the hair before styling. We recommend a salon-quality protectant product.
Do’s & Don’ts When Caring For Your Wig
- Do learn the difference in maintenance between a human hair wig and synthetic wig.
- Do invest in shampoo and conditioner especially for your wig.
- Do take your wig to a stylist for any modifications you may want.
- Do keep your wig covered and upright or covered when not in use.
- Don't use hair spray or shine spray on your wig.
- Don't use heat to style or dry your wig.
- Don't sleep or shower with your wig.
- Don't neglect your own hair to wear a wig.
Warming Tips & Tricks
- When wearing your wig, ensure your scalp is clean and oil-free. When sleeping with a long-hair wig on, braid it in sections or wrap the hair and cover with a silk scarf.
- Wash or rinse all human hair products and style before wearing. Human hair is not ready to wear out of the box.
- Rinsing with hot water will damage the cap.
- Do not dry on a solid form or mannequin head to avoid stretching the cap.
- Store the wig on a wig stand to avoid unwanted kinks or crimps.
- Lace is delicate and should not be tugged or pulled.
- Avoid brushing the hair when wet to prevent damage.
- Any cutting or chemical processes, such as perming or coloring, should be done by a professional hairstylist. We do not recommend lifting or bleaching human hair; depositing color provides the best result.
We hope to have covered all aspects of your wig maintenance and this was all useful to you, and remember, if you take good care of your wig, it will last a lot longer, and you will look amazing!
Leave a comment
- Kinky Edges Wig
- Glueless HD Wig
- Crazy Flash Sale
- Pre Cut Lace Wig