Wigs are a great hair replacement method for people who are experiencing all different kinds of hair loss and others who wants to change hairstyles but don’t want to damage their own natural hair.
Wigs for black women have a variety of types for your choice. There are human hair wigs and synthetic hair wigs. First-time wig buyers often end up confused while deciding between human hair wigs and synthetic hair wigs.
Should you go for synthetic hair wigs, or should you opt for human hair wigs? This is a question that a lot of women face when choosing a wig, and it is a legitimate one. With the improvement of technology both the wigs look and feel almost similar, making it harder for us to choose between them.
Today, we will talk about the difference between human hair wigs and synthetic wigs and how you can distinguish real human hair wigs and synthetic hair wigs in this blog, so you can choose the best one for you. Follow Reading!
What You Will Learn From This Article
- What Is Human Hair Wig?
- The Pros And Cons Of Human Hair Wigs
- What Is Synthetic Hair Wig?
- The Pros And Cons Of Synthetic Hair Wigs
- Human Hair Wigs VS Synthetic Hair Wigs, What’s The Difference?
- Human Hair Wigs VS Synthetic Hair Wigs, Which Is Better?
First, Let’s Talk About What Is Human Hair Wig?
Human hair wigs are formed of real human hair. These wigs are made of real human hair, so the wig looks real. Indonesian, Chinese, Indian strands are mostly used to give it a natural look. Human hair wigs are higher in quality than synthetic hair needs extra maintenance for using it repeatedly. These wigs are useful in daily routine, and you can make different styles too.
There are four kinds of human hair wigs in the market, human hair lace front wigs, full lace human hair wigs, u part wig human hair and 360 human hair wigs. This classification method is depending on the lace area. Among all of them, human hair lace front wigs with baby hair and full lace human hair wigs with baby hair are the common choice for women.
The Pros And Cons Of Human Hair Wigs
- Adaptability: Human hair wigs can be curled, permed, straightened or colored whenever you want, just like natural hair. However, you should talk to a stylist before changing your human hair wig. They’ll be able to teach you the best techniques for styling and maintaining your wig.
- Naturalness: Human hair wigs are...wait for it...made of human hair! They’re guaranteed to look and feel completely natural.
- Texture: Human hair wigs come in the same variety of textures as real hair: curly, natural, straight, wavy, thin, thick, fine, etc. If you choose a human hair wig, you’ll always be able to find something that matches your natural hair exactly.
- Durability: They may cost more, but human hair wigs last two to three times longer than synthetic wigs.
- Styling: Human hair wigs are labor intensive. They take skill and effort to style. Always consult a stylist before attempting to style a human hair wig on your own.
- Upkeep: Like with natural hair, these wigs need to be washed, deep-conditioned and re-styled regularly to maintain their natural luster.
- Weight: Human hair wigs typically feel heavier than synthetic or heat-friendly synthetic wigs of the same style and length.
- Cost: Because they’re made from real human hair, these wigs can be significantly more expensive.
- Delicate: Human hair wigs incur damage from brushing, teasing, backcombing, washing and using heated styling tools. Ask yourself before you restyle your human hair wig, is it too soon to do this yet? (Because you know that it’s delicate...)
- Color-matching: It’s almost impossible to replicate an exact color match with human hair wigs, even when you’re trying to purchase a backup of the same wig.
- Weather Dependency: Like your natural hair, human hair wigs become frizzy, limp, or dry depending on the weather.
What Is Synthetic Hair Wig?
These wigs are made of artificial fibers, such as Toyokalon or Kanekalon, to keep their shape and always look perfect. And while some people just put off the idea of wearing these wigs, there are plenty of points to consider before saying ‘no’ to them.
The Pros And Cons Of Synthetic Hair Wigs
- Easy Care: Synthetic wigs are easy to take care of. Because synthetic wigs have something called “style retention,” they never have to be styled. You simply wash, dry and then shake them out, and the wig will return to its initial style.
- Style Memory: Synthetic wigs hold their style regardless of the weather.
- Versatile: You can try out various colors and styles without the need to see a hair stylist by purchasing multiple synthetic wigs.
- Large Color Selection: The sky is the limit where colors are concerned. You can choose from an array of natural colors, as well as several fantasy colors.
- Cost: Synthetic wigs are relatively inexpensive.
- Low Maintenance: They require very little maintenance. This is important to consider if you are experiencing health issues and not feeling well.
- Natural Looking: If purchasing a high quality synthetic wig, it is very difficult to tell the difference between a synthetic wig and one made from real human hair.
- Shine: Some economy or budget synthetic wigs (typically those under $100) may have an unnatural shine.
- Longevity: Synthetic wigs and toppers do not last as long as human hair wigs. They typically last about 4-6 months with daily wear.
- Less Versatility: Synthetic wigs cannot be straightened or curled with heated styling tools unless it is a specifically designed "heat friendly" synthetic wig.
- Cannot Change Color: Recoloring is not recommended for synthetic wigs and traditional hair color will not adhere to the fibers.
Human Hair Wigs VS Synthetic Hair Wigs, What’s The Difference?
- Synthetic wigs are usually made of plastic or acrylic fibers that mimic hair. The fibers are heated to a certain temperature and then strung into hairs that resemble human hair fibers. The hair strands are then woven into wefts, extensions and hair pieces.
- The grade of these fibers may vary based on the manufacturer and will determine how realistic the wig looks on your head and the quality of the hair itself.
- When choosing a synthetic wig that resembles natural hair, the best option is to inspect the hair against a human hair wig or your own natural hair.
- Many synthetic textures that are curly can easily become tangled, matted, and unwearable after just several weeks. When it comes to synthetic textures it’s important to understand that the curlier the hair, the shorter the lifespan of the wig.
- On the other hand, human hair wigs are made from, you guessed it, real human hair. In many cases, religious customs in the Brazilian and Indian communities require both men and women to shave their heads during spiritual rituals.
- You may have also seen human hair wigs made from Peruvian or Malaysian hair. The hair then goes through a process of cleansing, sanitation, and inspection before being designed into a beautiful human hair wig.
- Human hair wigs have a longer lifespan and can be cut to style, colored, bleached, and heat styled as desired. These wigs feature a more natural lay and flow than synthetic wigs. They can last for several months up to a year, with the proper care.
Human Hair Wigs VS Synthetic Hair Wigs, Which Is Better?
Now that we have studied the difference between human hair wig and synthetic hair wigs. Both them have their own advantages and disadvantages, which one is better? It all depends on your needs, budget and lifestyle.
If you would like to experiment with fantasy colors and different styles in different days, having several different synthetic hair wigs may be a good choice for you. Just make sure you choose high quality ones that look more natural, and make sure to clean and remove them daily as sleeping with them on can lead to tangles.
If you’re in need of a human hair wig to change your look. It is comfort to wear and last longer; Real 100 human hair wigs allow the most styling versatility possible, you can try different hairstyles to go out every day. If you are a women who love fashion and beauty, then choose the best quality human hair wigs.