Human hair wigs are very popular among black women. Wearing wigs is a way for women to quickly transform their look and take their hair from short to long.
When it comes to owning a virgin human hair wig, there will come a time where the natural soft bounce will fade. Wigs for black women made from human hair can become dry and unmanageable.
You will notice this start to happen to your human hair wig when it feels dry and stiff to the touch. This is because a human hair wig does not have natural scalp oils to keep the hair moisturized regularly.
So, why are our hair wigs dry and tangled? How do we make it soft again? Today, we will share with you some tips to make your human hair wigs last longer in this article.
Why is my human hair wig dry and tangled?
Why a human hair wig becomes dry & tangled, the reason this happens is simply that the hair is not growing naturally from the scalp. As an avid lace wig wearer, it is inevitable we just deal with it.
However, that does not mean you cannot prolong the inevitable. And the best way to start is by first properly knowing what causes a human hair lace front wig to lose its natural soft bounce.
There are many different factors that can cause this to happen:
- Hair does not grow from the scalp and therefore loses natural oil. Hair that loses natural oils will slowly become dry and tangled.
- Hard water exposure can cause them to become dry or damaged hair extensions fade.
- Damaged cuticles can cause tangles and dry hair. Healthy cuticles are smooth and closed, and open cuticles entangle with each other, resulting in tangled hair.
- Prolonged direct sunlight can damage the cuticle of the hair, weaken the protective layer of the hair, and cause the hair to be brittle.
- Frequent use of hot tools (blow dryers, straighteners, curling rods) damaged hair kernels.
- The corrosive nature of chemicals can damage the epidermis. Bleaches and hair dyes corrode the stratum corneum.
- Exposure to seawater can damage hair like hard water and chlorine.
- Use a towel to absorb the moisture above the wig. Do not rub hard.
- Quality is the main factor that leads to wig loss and tangles in human hair. Poor quality human hair wigs will have a lot of falling and tangled hair.
All of these factors work to some extent, thus affecting the quality of hair two aspects to affect hair. In general, extended exposure of the hair to the hair the above reasons already porous to chemicals in the case of exposure of chloride, and minerals in hard water and seawater, its role is that the spin of the hair, and from its minimum peel it has natural oils.
How To Make Your Human Hair Wigs Soft Again?
What You Will Need
- Natural Oil
- Moisturizing Conditioner
- Deep Conditioner
- Shower Cap
- Thermal Protector Spray
- Hair Dryer
- Flat iron or hair curler
The Guide To Make Your Wigs Soft Again
- Applying Natural Oil
Give the human hair weave a conditioning treatment by applying a natural oil such as coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil or grape-seed oil along the entire length. Alternatively, apply the moisturizing conditioner to the hair. Leave either the oil or conditioner in the hair for 30 minutes under a shower cap.
- Washing Your Wig
Wash the human hair weave with a moisturizing shampoo. Use your fingers to carefully clean the scalp between tracks and rinse thoroughly.
- Apply Some Conditioner
Apply moisturizing conditioner from scalp to hair tips and apply extra conditioner to the ends. Allow the conditioner to sit for two to five minutes before rinsing thoroughly. When rinsing, cautiously undo any tangles in the weave with your fingers or with a comb.
- Condition Your Wig
Apply a deep conditioner and leave on for 15 minutes or more. Wear a shower cap to trap heat and aid in the conditioning or sit under a dryer. Once conditioned, rinse thoroughly, use fingers to untangle and squeeze out all excess water.
- Combing Your Wig
Comb out the hair and allow it to air dry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Apply a moisturizing product along the entire length and apply extra to the ends. Also, apply a dime-sized amount of thermal product to protect hair during the styling process.
- Drying Your Wig
Blow-dry hair with low heat using a comb to aid hair drying. Follow up with a brush to straighten.
- Styling Your Wig
Style hair with a flat iron for a straight hair look or with a curling iron to produce curls and waves. Start from the front of your head and work backward until the entire head is completed.
- Care Tips At Night
Wrap a silk or satin scarf around your head at night to keep hair from drying out on cotton pillowcases and bedsheets. Alternatively, use silk or satin pillowcases and bedsheets.
Follow the above tips, your human hair wig will become soft again. I hope these tips are helpful for you and you maintain your human hair wig properly to make it last longer.
Leave a comment
- Kinky Edges Wig
- Glueless HD Wig
- Crazy Flash Sale
- Pre Cut Lace Wig